There may be various reasons for Delaware LLC to fell into a status other than good standing. You have to submit Certificate of Revival to revive a canceled Delaware LLC. Before you file Certificate of Revival, you have to pay your owed taxes and keep your registered agent.
States have various regulations regarding LLC reactivation. Some states allow an LLC to be reactivated by filing a form and paying a fee. In Delaware, you must file a Certificate of Revival.
There may be different reasons for LLC to fall into a status other than good standing:
- If you don’t pay your Delaware LLC taxes, your LLC’s status can be changed to “void”.
- If you don’t keep a Delaware Registered Agent, your LLC’s status can be changed to “forfeited”.
- If you dissolve your LLC, its status becomes canceled. Dissolution is the term used for corporations and cancellation is the term used for LLCs.
If you’re looking to revive your LLC, you have to make sure you keep a Delaware registered agent and you paid your taxes. After that, you can file a Certificate of Revival.
If your LLC fell into a status other than good standing, you need to follow the steps below to return your entity back into a good standing status:
- Before you file the Certificate of Revival, you have to pay any owed taxes.
- You have to keep a Delaware Registered Agent.
- You have to submit a completed Certificate of Revival of Delaware LLC. You may submit it by mail, in person, or electronically. Up to date fee for filing the Certificate is $200, you can check up to date fees at https://corp.delaware.gov/renew09/
- You have to submit a cover letter if you’re filing the Certificate of Revival by mail. You may use the Document Filing Sheet and follow instructions for completing a Filing Memo provided by the Delaware Division of Corporations. If you’re submitting your Certificate of Revival electronically, you don’t have to submit a cover letter.
Certificate of Revival is a one-page document given below. It requires your Delaware LLC’s name, date of filing, and registered agent information.